Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Quoting Product Photography

I'm doing sample/quote for a potential jewelry designer customer.
I'd like to share some of the Q & A between us. Hopefully answer
some of your questions...

Client: how much would you charge me for something like this?
(8.5 x 11 page containing 5 jewelry samples, logo and wholesale info)

Rosie: 5 pieces, 1 picture of each + composition = $xxxx
It will include 5 single file images, which you can use separately in 300dpi
(printing resolution) and same 5 images with 72dpi (for web), white background.
Also, it will include the composition in 300 dpi and 72 dpi.
I'm assuming this is something you would be interested in, but not completely
sure this is what you are looking for.
I'm trying to build long time relationships with my customers, so be as much
specific as you need to and I'll tweak my proposal based on your needs.
Shipping charges are not included.
Jobs can be done within a week.

Client: lets say it was 10 pcs... no one pic of each, two pages?

Rosie: I hear you. 2 pages, meaning 2 compositions featuring 10 pieces,
meaning 5 on each. Single pics not included. I can do it for $xxxx
I still need to photograph items separately but edition could happen
while composing your pages. I just want you to understand how/why
my quote. The entire job would take me approx. 3 to 4 hours.
You will have access to a draft and I'll work on it til' both of us are
satisfied. What you think?

We spoke over the phone and basically she wants to fit as many images
as possible so wholesalers get the min. amount of pages of their available
merchandise.



Rosie: So far I fitted 9 pieces, added space for description of each item
and a sample logo. I like how it looks like, doesn't seem too crowded,
that was my concern.
The best I can do is $xxxx per page based on time consuming.
The price includes capturing the products per page + composition.
Kindly let me know what you think.
Regards,
Rosie :)

No comments: