Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's so easy to be a GREEN photographer



These are simple-eco friendly-sustainable business practices included on my daily routine. Feel free to make them your own:

- 90% of my communication with potential and current customers is done electronically: email, FB, Twitter, Skype and FTP - paperless operation.
Not only it helps me to keep better track of inquiries but also allows me to rely on something else than my memory :) Keeping it virtual is the new black!

- I recycle and reuse all my shipping material :)
My husband can't understand why I save every single cushioned envelope I receive :) Well, most likely they are going out soon!


- All my photographic packages include a complimentary CD with final images to avoid printing of pictures that were not going to be framed.
Every day I ask myself the same question. What do I want to get as a customer? Well, the answer is always the same one: the most for my money, quality and quantity wise. My clients LOVE the idea of getting a CD with all their favorite images without having to hand pick and order prints because THEY HAVE TO. That makes me happy :)

- USB External Drives
Backing up my work is PRIORITY. One of the biggest fears I have is losing my pictures, well... your pictures. Call me control freak but as soon as I'm done with a job (no matter what time it is) I save everything TWICE in my external hard drives. I store all my images for a year, just in case.


- Electronic Documents
I draft a very simple contract for every project I commit to. As soon as I set the details with my client I forward an agreement via email that protects both parties and states what you are getting for your money. Being on the same page is my golden rule :)

- Digital media
I offer High Resolution downloads of FINAL edited images via a private gallery with all my packages. Through this virtual tool, my clients, their family and friends have access to download digital photos to any computer and to purchase affordable high-quality Kodak Endura prints right from the comfort of your keyboard.


- Rechargeable Batteries
It's all about saving the planet, my and your $. I use the best rechargeable batteries. I tried all of them but Sanyo is my brand of choice.

- I buy 2nd hand equipment
Photographers are worse than stamps collectors when it comes to taking care of their equipment. That gives me the confidence I need to purchase used products. Not only I save my money, I'm constantly getting better and newer gear. Sweet!


If you do something ELSE that I didn't mention please add your comment at the end of this post or email me with it: letmegrowstudio@yahoo.com



Thx, Rosie :)
http://sunshineweddingphotography.com

No comments: