Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Studio portrait - How to pose?

That's the million dollar question!
There is not an exact formula for posing but if there is ONE tip I can give you about it IS ---> practice in front of the mirror: your faces, postures, attitude, moods, etc. it will make the big difference between a force capture and showing who you really are. The point is, getting comfortable with yourself and then some :)
I know is NOT easy to be in front of the camera while some stranger is trying to get the best side of you... to make you feel better,... it's not easy from this stranger's side either :) when you are not being YOU.
I can give directions, make you laugh, etc. we will have a good time, for sure... but, as a photographer, my goal is not only to capture a pretty smile but expose your personality, cause' you are much more than that... don't you think?
Here it's how I do it:




As you can, see I'm a work in progress but, every single image shows who I am :)
Ta-ta for now...

No comments: