Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The little fine print just became bigger

Before the year ends I want to give a quick explanation of what you are paying for when hiring me as a photographer.
Yesterday, I had a consultation over the phone and I was able to go over the details of what and why I charge what I charge.
I try to offer packages that I would like to get as a customer. Simple like that. I don't like surprises, hidden fees, after charges, over-priced products...

Personal copyrights, complimentary CD and affordable prints are some of the add-ons I know make you happy so... why not???

Anyway, this is a basic list of things to have in consideration when looking @ your quote:

- Pre-session research and setup of looks, theme, poses, etc. I just don't show up with my camera. I do my homework :)
- Traveling time when on-location session or event
- Time of shooting (from 1 1/2 to 8 hours)
- Downloading all the captures to my computer
- Edition time: over 4 hours, for sure. I take advantage of the latest available editing tools and I keep on re-educating myself about techniques and new post-production trends
- Uploading your final images to your private gallery (from 30 min. to 3 hours)
- Over $8,000.00 in professional equipment (cameras, lenses, editing programs, lighting, etc.).
- Printing feature: I work exclusively with a very reputable photo lab so you can be confident that when you buy prints from your private gallery they are up to my standards
- Burning CD and mailing :)

After reading all of the above and looking @ my work I hope you see the difference between your always-handy camera, the chain studio at the mall, the local high-end photographer and ME.



Looking forward to portrait you and your loved ones during 2010.

Rosie :)

http://letmegrowstudio.net
http://sunshineweddingphotography.com

No comments: