Friday, July 31, 2009

It's all about lighting...


When people ask me what I prefer between natural light and studio light I response without thinking twice: Studio lighting!
Why? Well, it's not a secret that I'm a control freak LOL but, for real... it's much more enjoyable to take pictures when you can control your light.
On the other hand, natural light is a priceless source of energy but... let's face it, to all of us who happen to be living in South Florida is... is kinda difficult to be all smiley and fancy when dealing with over 90 F degrees and... adding the mosquito factor to that :)


So, going back to my favorite source of lighting... how??? is right question:
How do you accomplish your desired lighting for a specific situation @ the studio?
Well, first ---> educating myself. I mean CONSTANTLY educating myself.
As a creative, I am so greatful to be learning from the most humble (usually, the best of the best... without having to show off credentials, LOL) photographers out there who are willing to pass around their techniques and then some. Hat off to them!
Strobes, speedlights, reflectors and a pro camera (yeah, the one with too many buttons to play with) make it happens.
My ideal situation is everything off-camera (got it) and wireless (half way done)... I'll get there, eventually :)
There are many DIY websites out there which give you great ideas on how to create your own lighting devices and believe me, I tried a bunch of them but... the right gear from a reputable vendor (warranty involved) is at the end, the cheapest price... my honest opinion.
Oops, I almost forget... tons of trial and error make perfection and you can tell I breath photography 24/7 :)
Rosie

No comments: