Monday, February 8, 2010

All of us have something to learn. All of us have something to teach...


I want to start my Monday sharing one of my own very first images and a message I've got yesterday... it made my week :)


I was wondering how you felt about taking on a long distance apprentice? I have been working on becoming a professional and have done a decent amount of client work...
I have seen many of your photos which are AMAZING. I would love the opportunity to talk with you directly about the business, techniques, editing and learn from you. I would be willing to take a trip down at some point as well if that would be helpful. My wife loves Florida and would enjoy the opportunity to visit the area.
I have many people asking for wedding work which I have put off until I am comfortable doing them. They are really important and you only get one shot so I don't want to mess that up. My friends and clients tell me I am so ready but I have to be ready myself.
I apologize this is so long but I am very passionate about this becoming a business for me and even opening a studio near my hometown over the next 2 years... I have been so impressed with you and how you keep busy with clients and adventures.

If you would be willing to help me out please let me know. I would be excited to get the chance to learn from you and become the photographer I can be...Thanks, A


I'm flattered.
As not too many of you know, I do a lot of post-production work for other photogs from around the country, who don't have the time and/or editing workflow path down. Yes, you can call me ghost-editor :)

Editing for me is not about fixing photos but about enhancing images and making them look the best they can be.
Every batch represents a challenge and that has to be the reason why I enjoy it as much as I enjoy taking pictures.
Also, I love to talk about my photographic experiences with start-up photogs. Hopefully my own trials and tribulations help you to understand that photography, like any other craft has to be experienced and... that's the best part of the ride!

I don't know every trick in town but... I'm learning my lessons and I'm more than happy to pass my humble knowledge among others.

Looking forward to help you out A!
Rosie :)

No comments: